Complaints Procedure

Under the regulations of the Education Act (2002), parents have the right to make representation to the school, the Governing Body and the Local Authority.

In practice, we hope that all complaints can be resolved by the class teacher, or, if not, by the Headteacher through discussion to address your concerns before they impact on your children.

If it is not possible to address your concerns in school, serious concerns should be addressed in writing to the Chair of Governors. If this fails to satisfy the grievance, it should be submitted to the Governor’s Complaints Panel. Appeals can be made to the Local Authority if the complaint concerns the National Curriculum, collective worship or religious education. Our Complaints Procedure document is available in the school office.